Sunday, August 19, 2007

Love Thy Enemy?

Being a follower of Christ is just like being a person who are totally different from the world. I guess personally i haven't really tasted how the world like until i started working. The job i had in melbourne last time didn't really count as there were only very few of us in the office. And my big boss and i went to the same church there as well. Quite a comfort zone i must say, but no challenge, so can't really learn much.

I think God really opened my eyes to see how the world are really like after i started work. I could able to observe the human nature (good and bad) in my work place. And i was quite... worried i think... at first. I was thinking about all the office politics i heard from my relatives and friends. But it wasn't that bad la. Until recently where i always heard about this person in my department, like how he treated other people etc... (bad one la). So i try to avoid him la. But for some wierd reason (i think it's God), we are in the same job -_-". Always happened that way!!! Whenever i don't like a person, God will always arrange something that me and that person work together or team up together or something. Really stretching me man!! Anyway, i think what other ppl told me about him really influenced my judgement on him. I also started to dislike him. And last week, he did something that me and another colleague complained like siao...

So during friday CG time, during worship session, i was just complaining to God about how much i don't like him bla bla bla... Then suddenly God said "Romans 12". So i quickly went to read up. The verses that struck me, was v. 20 and 21:

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12: 20-21

Wahh... God! Loving the enemy is really hard la!! But... actually after that i think about it, he is not my enemy at all, he is just probably an E.G.R. person (Extra Grace Required). If God told us to show kindness to our enemy, what's more to a person like him? And, miraculously, ever since then, i'm able to see differently about him. That reminds me of a song by Reuben Morgan about asking God to let us see the world through His eyes. We human might hate/discriminate certain people, but God loves them, coz He created them, they are His lost sheep who need a Shepherd. I guess seeing them through His eyes helps me to able to love the unlovable, and care for the unwanted by the world. Isn't I myself was a sinner as well? But because of His unfailing love and amazing grace that accepts me of who i am, right now i can live a life that fulls of joy and peace. We shall show the same thing to the ppl in this world, telling them about the goodness of this Jesus, and the freedom we have. =) I shall end this post with the song:

World through Your eyes - Reuben Morgan

Hear the silence shout, highest praise
God to You alone
All creation waits
On Your every word
Where time and heaven meet

Let me see forever
With eyes You've opened
Standing in the beautiful light
Hold me near
Hold me near to You
And let me see the world through Your eyes

In this perfect hohur
I am changed
I'll never be the same
Help me follow Youo
And keep in time with the sound
Of heaven in me

Let me see forever
With eyes You've opened
Standing in the beautiful light
Hold me near
Hold me near to You
And let me see the world through Your eyes


Hide me in Your love again
Let me hear the songs of Your heart


No comments: